How to use Electric Quilt's Inkjet Fabric Sheets
Imagine how your kids, grandchildren or friends would love seeing themselves printed on purses, clothing, pillows, or quilts.
With inkjet fabric you can design your own original fabric prints by scanning pictures of your pets, flowers, leaves, poems or whatever fits your scanner.
Scan in old family photos and print onto Inkjet Fabric Sheets. Perfect for memory quilts and fabric scrapbooks.
Follow these easy step by step instructions:
- Prepare image or text on your computer by scanning in a photo, graphic, image, Use your own digital photos or create a one of a kind design using software
- Print onto the fabric sheets using an inkjet printer
- Allow ink to dry for 15 minutes. Peel off plastic backing
- Soak in room-temperature water for 10 minutes. Gently rinse. Please note that ironing does not set the ink. Soaking the fabric in this step is what sets the ink.
- Lay flat to dry
- Cut and sew your fabric picture block into a beautiful quilt
EQ Printable's Inkjet Fabric Sheets are remarkably soft! Your touch will tell you - these fabrics are never rubbery and are so soft they quilt just like regular fabric.
The smooth finish of our tightly woven 100% cotton sheet always produces a detailed, photo-quality image, as sharp as you'd see on paper.
Perfect for quilts, quilt labels, pillows, scrapbooks, purses, clothing and more because it’s washable and dry-cleanable.
Gentle washing recommended, as for any fine quilt.
O.S.O. Sweet quilt by EQ staff, Margaret Okuley, made with pictures of her new grandson Owen Sang Okuley, aged 6 months.
Everyone at EQ met Owen, who was adopted from South Korea, via pictures Margaret's son posted on the Internet and thought he'd make a perfect model for showing off our new fabric sheets.